As the weeks pass by quicker than a Corey Fletcher board finish, it’s time to prepare for what’s going to be, a hot, hot summer of racing.
With the Shaw and Partners Hayden Kenny Classic just around the corner, it’s time to check out what’s hot, and what’s not this season.
As the saying goes, ‘failing to prepare is preparing to fail’. It’s time to get your entries in, book your accommodation, source yourself a double bed and bargain for the ensuite. Organisation is hot, sharing a couch, is not. (Hot tip – early bird entries close Wednesday 8th November).
When packing your bags, pack them well. Pack the chair, pack the wax, pack the old faithful checkered shirt. Fill the eski, throw in the UE Boom and double check you’ve got your LIVEHEATS wrist band that is programmed to YOUR name. You’re hot, and being anyone but yourself, is not.
If you’re an open iron superstar, you’ve gotta get down on Friday. Athlete check in is commencing at 12pm. The gun will go at 3pm. Be there, on time and if you’re on time you’re late, so be there, early. Fast marshalling is hot, delaying the officials’ knockoffs, is most certainly not.
Slap on some We Are Feel Good Inc, slip into your Jolyn cossies, get your Finis goggles ready and find yourself a spot under the tent. Chat with the girls, give out a little clap with the boys, and listen when the referee outlines the course and the ever-anticipated call start. Hold your line, avoid a false start and in the unexpected event of a DNF, please see your area referee. Regardless of the DNF, lining up is hot, running off the beach, is not. (Hot tip – even if you place 20th in the final, make sure you get your Live Heats wrist band scanned to claim your overall series points)
As the carnival wraps up and it’s time to pack down and clean up the beach, we ask you to please take your rubbish and assist your club, its management, and your teammates with the dreaded trailer loading. It’s hot to help out, it’s not to stuff about. (Hot tip – load top middle to bottom on the trailer and remember your straps)
With things like $500,000 of cash, 2x new cars and over $64,000 of Race One Surf Craft up for grabs throughout the entire Shaw and Partners Summer of Surf series, nothing gets hotter than kick starting the racing calendar with the Shaw and Partners Hayden Kenny Classic.
Get your entries in, get your ice vests ready, we are coming in hot.
2023 Shaw and Partners Hayden Kenny Classic Event Checklist:
- Enter via liveheats by the 8th of November for an early bird discount
- Dust off your liveheats wristband and check it belongs to you via QR code on the back for iphone user or scan the wristband with your samsung. Not yours? We can reprogram this one on event day. If you have lost it? These can be purchased online or available for purchase at event check in
- Book accommodation & sort travel arrangements if you are from out of town.
- Check out our travel guide to make the most of your time on the Sunshine Coast
- Make yourself familiar with the event webpage, schedule & site map and check back regularly for updates
- Sign up to our newsletter & whats app chat community to stay in the know
- Pack your must haves including live heats wristband, board, ski, paddle, club cap, swim cap, goggles, wax, chair, sunscreen, zinc, water & hydration drink, food, hat, sunnies, dancing shoes for the Alex Bluff bar and a positive attitude
- Tell all your friends to check out the event broadcast on 7plus 1pm Saturday the 2ndDecember
Event Day Checklist
- Check in 12pm – 6pm Friday or from 6am Saturday to get your Shaw and Partners Summer of Surf Rashie, Hat and Shirt.*
- If you qualify for the Iron final, please let our team know your size for final cossies / jammers.
- Check the liveheat draws which will be made available prior to the event and follow all marshalling calls ASAP
- Bring your A-game and be ready to put on a performance of a life time
* Athletes will receive 1x free Shaw and Partners Summer of Surf rashie, hat and shirt for the entire series. This means you only need to check in at your first premier event. Athletes must wear Shaw and Partners Summer of Surf rashie in all heats and finals.